Hollywood stars have been making PRP
or also known as “The Vampire Facial” popular over the past few years. PRP is a relatively new medical approach appealing to clients seeking a natural method to rejuvenate their skin and stimulate healing.
The Vampire Facial
Platelet Rich Plasma
PRP stands for Platelet Rich Plasma which is blood plasma containing a high concentration of platelets, also known as thrombocytes. PRP can help regenerate and revitalise damaged skin, reduce fine lines and improve skin texture.
Regen PRP® is suitable for:
- Tired and dry skin, laxity of skin, uneven pigmentation
- Signs of skin ageing
- Overall texture and tone improvement
- Certain types of alopecia or general hair thinning
- People who may experience risk of allergic reactions from other treatments
- People looking for a natural treatment
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Regen PRP®?
Regen PRP® is a world leading system for the preparation of PRP developed by RegenLab of Switzerland. Regen PRP® is an approved system that has been used to successfully treat fine lines worldwide since 2008.
How does it work?
Direct injection of Regen PRP® into the skin supports and helps accelerate the process of tissue regeneration and repair. Regen PRP® contains fundamental growth factors released by activated platelets to help initiate the tissue regeneration process by:
- Stimulation of new collagen production
- Stimulation of angiogenesis, the formation of new blood vessels
- Induction of mesenchymal stem cell division and differentiation
What does the treatment involve?
Preparing Regen PRP® is a quick and easy process. Blood is collected from you in 1-2 specially designed tubes which are then centrifuged for 5-10 minutes. During centrifugation, a patented gel within the tubes isolates PRP from other unrequired cells within the blood. Regen PRP® is then ready for application. Depending on the indication, it can be applied:
- As multiple small superficial injections
- As deeper injections using a type of blunt needle called a cannula
- Topically in combination with other treatments
Is it safe?
Because Regen PRP® uses your own blood, the risk of immunological reactions or contamination with transmissible diseases is eliminated.
Results of Regen PRP® treatment:
- Improved skin colour, elasticity, tone and thickness
- Remodelling of the collagen fibres
- Long-term smoothing of fine lines and wrinkles
- Faster healing following aesthetic treatments e.g. laser skin treatment and dermal needling
Number of Treatments Required: 4 – 6 Treatments
Spacing Between Treatments: 4 – 8 Weeks Apart
Length of Each Treatment: 1 Hour
Downtime: Allow 2 – 7 days for bruising and swelling (from injections)
Allow 2 – 7 days for redness, dryness and flakiness (from needling)
1 Treatment – $550
3 Treatments – $1250